Physician's Formula Cushion Foundation Review

Physician's Formula Cushion Foundation Packaging

Cushion foundations have been making an appearance more frequently this past year – and oddly enough, this is the Physician’s Formula Cushion Foundation is the first one I’ve tried and I love it! I’m surprised that this foundation is not talked about more – it’s light weight, light to medium coverage and has good lasting power.


Physician's Formula Cushion Foundation Packaging Close up

My first impression of this foundation was the packaging was adorable and reminded me of Disney Princesses and the applicator sponge that came with it, frightened me. Nonetheless, I tried the foundation for the first time with the applicator and was shocked at how well it applied on the skin.

Physician's Formula Cushion Foundation Packaging and sponge applicator

While applying with the applicator sponge, the coverage was light and I had to build it up to get the coverage I wanted. Since then, I have been using my Beauty Blender to apply the foundation and one layer is the perfect amount. It gives a light to medium coverage and conceals my redness around my nose, dark spots and blemishes but allowed my freckles and beauty marks to poke through – which is what I personally look for in an everyday foundation.

Physician's Formula Cushion Foundation

The foundation gives the skin a very natural finish and lasted about five hours before I had to powder. I have oily skin and have been testing this foundation with various primers and so far, the best one has been my Nivea Men’s after shave balm (full review here).

Physician's Formula Cushion Foundation shade light medium

One downfall of this foundation is the shade selection is quite small. The foundation comes in five different shades and can be found at any local drugstore and ranges $16.99 - $24.99 CAD.

Physician's Formula Cushion Foundation Swatch

Be sure to watch my first impressions and demo of the foundation:




No comments